Dive Medical Information


Dive Insurance

To participate in the Internship you will need an Australian Recreational Dive Medical, for your convenience you can download a copy below, click on the PDF box to download. There are three medical centres in Byron Bay that you can get these done:

- Bay Centre Medical

- Holdsworth House

- Cape Byron Medical

Alternatively you can ask your local doctor if they are able to sign this off for you, but it must be the Australian Dive Medical, no other dive medicals will be accepted.


You will also need insurance that covers you for diving, if you have travel insurance please check this covers you for Scuba Diving up to 30m, alternatively if you are Australian then you can use Ambulance cover. If you need to organise specific Dive Insurance then we suggest you use the Divers Alert Network (D.A.N.). The D.A.N. membership is sufficient coverage for the internship and covers you for 12 months from the date of purchase.